- Study Abroad with Rudraksh Group to Gain Global Work Opportunities
- When the Missile Man Launched Love in the Akshaya Patra family.
- Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announces 11Akshaya Patra Mid-Day Meal Kitchens in Uttar Pradesh.
- Infosys Offered Rs 18 Crore To Akshaya Patra For Midday Meal.
- Guide To Floss Your Teeth!
- Toothbrush Tips For Healthy Teeth!
- The growing trend of Banking & Finance Mobile App Development.
- Why Smoking is Bad For Your Teeth.
- Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Antidepressants are not habit-forming. Public perceptions need to change!
Sydney, Jan 13 (IANS) Australian all-rounder Glenn Maxwell revealed Tuesday that he was “desperate” to get a call from the national selectors for the cricket World Cup after a disastrous form with the bat in the last few months.
“You have no idea. I had plenty of doubts obviously with the last month I’ve had, I just wanted that phone call so desperately, and to get it before that Big Bash game, it was extremely relieving,” Maxwell was quoted as saying by the Sydney Morning Herald.
Maxwell has been under pressure due to his prolonged poor form and believes that some of the criticism has been unfair.
“I understand people being disappointed in people’s performance, but I think people have to understand that T20 is such a hit-and-miss game. You’re not going to score runs even half the time,” added the 26-year-old.
“It has been frustrating having so many people jump down my throat because I’m not making runs, but it’s almost the way T20 goes.”
Maxwell has featured in 36 One-Day Internationals for Australia, scoring 891 runs and bagging 23 wickets.