- Study Abroad with Rudraksh Group to Gain Global Work Opportunities
- When the Missile Man Launched Love in the Akshaya Patra family.
- Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announces 11Akshaya Patra Mid-Day Meal Kitchens in Uttar Pradesh.
- Infosys Offered Rs 18 Crore To Akshaya Patra For Midday Meal.
- Guide To Floss Your Teeth!
- Toothbrush Tips For Healthy Teeth!
- The growing trend of Banking & Finance Mobile App Development.
- Why Smoking is Bad For Your Teeth.
- Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Antidepressants are not habit-forming. Public perceptions need to change!
Shimla, Jan 3 (IANS) Popular hill station Manali in Himachal Pradesh Saturday got a fresh blanket of snow, giving the resort and its neighbouring areas a more picturesque look.
The residents of this town shivered as icy winds brought down the minimum temperature to minus 1 degree Celsius.
However, state capital Shimla, which saw just snowflakes Friday, received 10.3 mm of rain overnight.
The city saw a low of 3.2 degrees Celsius, an official at the local Met office told IANS.
Shimla’s nearby picturesque resorts like Kufri and Narkanda have been receiving intermittent snow.
“Heavy rainfall and snowfall may occur in the next 24 hours at isolated places in Shimla, Lahaul-Spiti, Kinnaur districts and parts of Kullu and Chamba districts,” a meteorological office statement said.
Rain lashed lower areas of the state such as Dharamsala, Palampur, Solan, Nahan, Bilaspur, Una, Hamirpur and Mandi, bringing down the temperatures.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district, which saw 9.2 cm snow, recorded a low of minus 1.2 degrees Celsius while the temperature was minus 7.6 degrees Celsius in Keylong.
Dharamsala, which recorded 4.2 mm rain, registered 4.4 degrees Celsius.