- Study Abroad with Rudraksh Group to Gain Global Work Opportunities
- When the Missile Man Launched Love in the Akshaya Patra family.
- Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announces 11Akshaya Patra Mid-Day Meal Kitchens in Uttar Pradesh.
- Infosys Offered Rs 18 Crore To Akshaya Patra For Midday Meal.
- Guide To Floss Your Teeth!
- Toothbrush Tips For Healthy Teeth!
- The growing trend of Banking & Finance Mobile App Development.
- Why Smoking is Bad For Your Teeth.
- Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Antidepressants are not habit-forming. Public perceptions need to change!
Kolkata, Jan 11 (IANS) Two people were arrested Sunday and more than 2,000 soft-shell turtles seized from them in West Bengal’s Howrah district, an official said.
In a joint operation by Howrah and Kharagpur forest officials, police intercepted a truck, carrying the turtles at Dhulagarh check post in the district.
“We have seized 2,200 Indian soft-shell turtles and arrested two people. The truck was coming from Andhra Pradesh and headed towards Bangladesh,” Divisional Forest Officer (Howrah) Majedar Rahaman told IANS.
Categorised under schedule I of the Wildlife Protection Act 1972, the turtles are mostly consumed as meat, which is a delicacy both in Bangladesh and countries in the Gulf region.
“The turtles have been sent to the animal rescue centre while the accused have been handed over to the police for further action,” said Rahaman.