- Study Abroad with Rudraksh Group to Gain Global Work Opportunities
- When the Missile Man Launched Love in the Akshaya Patra family.
- Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announces 11Akshaya Patra Mid-Day Meal Kitchens in Uttar Pradesh.
- Infosys Offered Rs 18 Crore To Akshaya Patra For Midday Meal.
- Guide To Floss Your Teeth!
- Toothbrush Tips For Healthy Teeth!
- The growing trend of Banking & Finance Mobile App Development.
- Why Smoking is Bad For Your Teeth.
- Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Antidepressants are not habit-forming. Public perceptions need to change!
Beijing, Jan 12 (IANS) Nearly one million couples have applied to have a second child since China eased its one-child policy in 2014, allowing couples to have a second child if either parent is an only child.
The number of applications is in line with the estimate of less than two million annually by China’s National Health and Family Planning Commission, state-run Xinhua news agency cited Mao Qunan, a commission spokesman, as saying at a press conference Monday.
Since China’s one-child policy was eased in a pilot programme in east China’s Zhejiang province in January 2014, couples nationwide may now have a second child if either parent is an only child.
Mao said that the commission would put in more efforts toward improving the population monitoring mechanism and would stipulate relevant policies.
“We will also collect public opinion on healthcare for pregnant women and children in a timely manner,” Mao added.