- Study Abroad with Rudraksh Group to Gain Global Work Opportunities
- When the Missile Man Launched Love in the Akshaya Patra family.
- Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announces 11Akshaya Patra Mid-Day Meal Kitchens in Uttar Pradesh.
- Infosys Offered Rs 18 Crore To Akshaya Patra For Midday Meal.
- Guide To Floss Your Teeth!
- Toothbrush Tips For Healthy Teeth!
- The growing trend of Banking & Finance Mobile App Development.
- Why Smoking is Bad For Your Teeth.
- Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Antidepressants are not habit-forming. Public perceptions need to change!
Bangalore, Oct 28 (IANS) Indian IT bellwether Wipro Ltd is ramping up headcount in Romania by 25 percent over the next 14 months to expand operations and strengthen its presence in Eastern Europe.
“We plan to increase our headcount in Romania by 25 percent to 750 employees by December 2015 to strengthen our presence in Eastern Europe,” the global software major said in a statement here Tuesday.
Wipro’s development centres with back-office operations in Bucharest and Timisoara support global customers, including 20 of them across Eastern Europe, with 600 employees.
“As Eastern Europe is poised to become a strategic delivery location for us, we are committed to investing in the region. We are building strong domain knowledge in key growth verticals and hiring local talent with programme management capabilities,” Wipro chief executive T.K. Kurien said in the statement.
The company foresees significant traction across service lines in Romania, in the medium term.
“Our customers in Romania span across retail and consumer goods, healthcare, manufacturing and telecom industries,” Kurien said.
The company’s subsidiary is also in discussions with local universities to partner and develop curriculum for enhancing local capabilities.