- Study Abroad with Rudraksh Group to Gain Global Work Opportunities
- When the Missile Man Launched Love in the Akshaya Patra family.
- Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announces 11Akshaya Patra Mid-Day Meal Kitchens in Uttar Pradesh.
- Infosys Offered Rs 18 Crore To Akshaya Patra For Midday Meal.
- Guide To Floss Your Teeth!
- Toothbrush Tips For Healthy Teeth!
- The growing trend of Banking & Finance Mobile App Development.
- Why Smoking is Bad For Your Teeth.
- Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Antidepressants are not habit-forming. Public perceptions need to change!
New Delhi, Nov 4 (IANS) The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Tuesday partnered the urban development ministry to provide expertise and innovative models in urban water and sanitation for achieving the Clean India campaign.
Called the urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), USAID will bring leadership, talent and resources of the public and private sectors to generate solution to the water and sanitation challenges that face India.
USAID administrator Rajiv Shah said: “A large number of infants in the country die before the age of five and more die due to lack of sanitation. We have been inspired by Modi’s leadership and his Clean India (Swachh Bharat) campaign. So at USAID, we will provide knowledge partnership to deal with challenges of clean water and sanitation infrastructure.”
USAID will also mobilise private companies and citizens around behaviours that improve health outcomes such as hand washing and providing appropriate treatment for children with diarrhea.
Urban development ministry secretary Shankar Aggarwal said: “We have to go in for inclusive development and the greatest challenge is in changing the mindset of the people. Until and unless people change their way, Clean India will not be a sustainable effort,” of said.
Modi had launched the Clean India mission or Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Oct 2.