- Study Abroad with Rudraksh Group to Gain Global Work Opportunities
- When the Missile Man Launched Love in the Akshaya Patra family.
- Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announces 11Akshaya Patra Mid-Day Meal Kitchens in Uttar Pradesh.
- Infosys Offered Rs 18 Crore To Akshaya Patra For Midday Meal.
- Guide To Floss Your Teeth!
- Toothbrush Tips For Healthy Teeth!
- The growing trend of Banking & Finance Mobile App Development.
- Why Smoking is Bad For Your Teeth.
- Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Antidepressants are not habit-forming. Public perceptions need to change!
Khartoum, Oct 17 (IANS) Three Ethiopian peacekeepers belonging to the African Union-United Nations Mission in Darfur (UNAMID) were killed by unknown gunmen in the restive western Sudanese region of Darfur Thursday, the mission said in a statement.
“Two military personnel of the UNAMID were killed and one seriously injured in Korma, North Darfur, by a group of unidentified armed men, and the injured soldier later succumbed to his wounds and died in Khartoum,” Xinhua reported citing the statement.
This happened when a patrol of Ethiopian peacekeepers guarding a water borehole came under sudden attack. The perpetrators seized a patrol vehicle and fled the scene.
“I strongly condemn this heinous crime against our peacekeepers, ” acting joint special representative Abidoun Bashua, who is heading the mission, was quoted as saying.
“This reminds us all of the great price everyone pays for the absence of peace. UNAMID personnel, as many others before them, lost their lives while attempting to bring peace to the people of Darfur,” he added.