- Study Abroad with Rudraksh Group to Gain Global Work Opportunities
- When the Missile Man Launched Love in the Akshaya Patra family.
- Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announces 11Akshaya Patra Mid-Day Meal Kitchens in Uttar Pradesh.
- Infosys Offered Rs 18 Crore To Akshaya Patra For Midday Meal.
- Guide To Floss Your Teeth!
- Toothbrush Tips For Healthy Teeth!
- The growing trend of Banking & Finance Mobile App Development.
- Why Smoking is Bad For Your Teeth.
- Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Antidepressants are not habit-forming. Public perceptions need to change!
Islamabad, Oct 28 (IANS) Pakistan is gearing up to cope with a cyclone headed its way.
National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) has been asked to take necessary measures to meet the challenge posed by cyclone Nilofar.
“The NDMA in coordination with the provincial disaster management authorities of Sindh and Balochistan is ensuring all actions, including possible precautionary evacuation of people living in coastal areas,” NDMA chairman Major General Mohammad Saeed Aleem said.
The provincial governments have been asked to be prepared for evacuating people from low-lying areas near the coast, especially those living in hutments, and shifting them to high places, Dawn online reported.
The Pakistan Metrological Department (PMD) said the cyclonic conditions had developed because of the deep depression over central western parts of the Arabian Sea.
The NDMA has asked local authorities to ensure that people refrain from swimming in the sea and issue regular forecasts and warnings to people, ships and ports.
Cyclone Nilofar was not anticipated to hit the country’s coastline, but with the progressive development of meteorological conditions over the Arabian Sea, there are strong indications that the sea conditions along the coast might get rough to very rough from Wednesday to Friday.
The cyclone may hit the Gwadar coastline Tuesday.
It also forecast heavy rains in other coastal areas of Balochistan.