- Study Abroad with Rudraksh Group to Gain Global Work Opportunities
- When the Missile Man Launched Love in the Akshaya Patra family.
- Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announces 11Akshaya Patra Mid-Day Meal Kitchens in Uttar Pradesh.
- Infosys Offered Rs 18 Crore To Akshaya Patra For Midday Meal.
- Guide To Floss Your Teeth!
- Toothbrush Tips For Healthy Teeth!
- The growing trend of Banking & Finance Mobile App Development.
- Why Smoking is Bad For Your Teeth.
- Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Antidepressants are not habit-forming. Public perceptions need to change!
Pretoria, Oct 13 (IANS) South African Paralympian Oscar Pistorius arrived Monday at the High Court in Pretoria for the final sentencing on charges for killing his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.
Pistorius is on trial for fatally shooting Stenkamp through a locked toilet door Feb 14, 2013, at his house in Pretoria.
On Sep 11, Judge Thokosile Masipa of the high court in Pretoria found Pistorius not guilty of premeditated murder or murder. He was also acquitted of charges of illegal possession of ammunition and one charge of illegal discharge of a firearm in a public place.
But Sep 12, he was found guilty of culpable homicide and the illegal discharge of a firearm in a restaurant in Johannesburg in January, 2013.
The state will argue in the Pretoria High Court that Pistorius must get the maximum sentence for culpable homicide, Independent Online reported citing the National Prosecuting Authority said.
“Our duty is to make sure. We ask for the harshest sentence possible,” spokesman Nathi Mncube said outside court.
He said the State would argue for a sentence that fits the severity of the crime.
“The minimum sentence act does not apply to culpable homicide, so there is no minimum or maximum sentence. It can vary from a suspended sentence to a fine to imprisonment. Only the judge can decide.”