- Study Abroad with Rudraksh Group to Gain Global Work Opportunities
- When the Missile Man Launched Love in the Akshaya Patra family.
- Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announces 11Akshaya Patra Mid-Day Meal Kitchens in Uttar Pradesh.
- Infosys Offered Rs 18 Crore To Akshaya Patra For Midday Meal.
- Guide To Floss Your Teeth!
- Toothbrush Tips For Healthy Teeth!
- The growing trend of Banking & Finance Mobile App Development.
- Why Smoking is Bad For Your Teeth.
- Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Antidepressants are not habit-forming. Public perceptions need to change!
Beijing, Oct 3 (IANS) Defending champion Serena Williams announced Friday her withdrawal from the China Open due to injury.
Williams rallied for a three-set victory over Lucie Safarova Thursday night, but she claimed that the knee injury was with her throughout the match, reports Xinhua.
“Well, it throbs just sitting, standing. I felt it mostly serving because I’m landing on my left knee. That was really killer for me,” she said.
“So as a defending champion, you always want to do your best to defend your title. So more than anything, it’s extremely frustrating. You know, I wanted to be here. To come all this way and not to take the title, it’s just a waste”.
Williams’ participation in the WTA Finals to be held in Singapore is in doubt as well.
“If I feel this way for Singapore, I don’t think it’s smart for me to play. Other than that, I’m just going to see how it goes,” she said.
Williams’ withdrawal means her opponent Samantha Stosur in quarter-finals will advance to the semi-finals against Petra Kvitova.