- Study Abroad with Rudraksh Group to Gain Global Work Opportunities
- When the Missile Man Launched Love in the Akshaya Patra family.
- Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announces 11Akshaya Patra Mid-Day Meal Kitchens in Uttar Pradesh.
- Infosys Offered Rs 18 Crore To Akshaya Patra For Midday Meal.
- Guide To Floss Your Teeth!
- Toothbrush Tips For Healthy Teeth!
- The growing trend of Banking & Finance Mobile App Development.
- Why Smoking is Bad For Your Teeth.
- Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Antidepressants are not habit-forming. Public perceptions need to change!
Berlin, Aug 14 (IANS) Former Mainz goalkeeper Christian Wetklo has joined German football club Schalke for a year.
Schalke signed Wetklo as a backup goalkeeper, as new arrival Fabian Giefer will be sidelined until October. Thus Ralf Fahrmann remains the starting goalkeeper while Wetklo will be the number two between the posts, reports Xinhua.
“Due to the injuries to Giefer and Huelsmann we grabbed the chance to sign Christian Wetlko an experienced keeper who knows his job and role in Schalke,” manager Horst Heldt told the clubs official homepage Wednesday.
Wetklo, whose contract ran out at Mainz this summer, played for Schalke during his youth career from 1995 until 1999. However, he spent 13 years of his professional career at Mainz where he made 124 appearances.
“It is an overwhelming feeling of happiness to play for the club that I supported as a kid. I identify myself 100 percent with my role and task at Schalke,” the 34-year-old new arrival said.
Schalke completed the last Bundesliga season in third place to seal a berth for the UEFA Champions League.