- Study Abroad with Rudraksh Group to Gain Global Work Opportunities
- When the Missile Man Launched Love in the Akshaya Patra family.
- Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announces 11Akshaya Patra Mid-Day Meal Kitchens in Uttar Pradesh.
- Infosys Offered Rs 18 Crore To Akshaya Patra For Midday Meal.
- Guide To Floss Your Teeth!
- Toothbrush Tips For Healthy Teeth!
- The growing trend of Banking & Finance Mobile App Development.
- Why Smoking is Bad For Your Teeth.
- Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Antidepressants are not habit-forming. Public perceptions need to change!
Beijing, Jan 12 (IANS) An estimated 300 million Chinese will be involved in winter sports if Beijing and Zhangjiakou win the bidding for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games.
Over one-third of China’s territory has huge potential for developing winter sports. The bidding for the 2022 Winter Olympics will encourage 300 million people in northern China to take part in winter sports, tremendously promoting young people’s participation in and the popularisation of winter sports, reports Xinhua.
Beijing 2022 bidding efforts will effectively elevate the competition skills of Chinese athletes, and help achieve in China the all-round and balanced development of summer and winter Olympic sports, as well as ice and snow sports.
China also hopes to take advantage of bidding and hosting the Winter Olympics to guide a new lifestyle of fitness and health in the country.
Currently, the people participating in regular physical exercises in Beijing and Zhangjiakou has accounted for 49 percent and 37 percent of their total populations respectively.
Beijing 2022 bidding is aimed at achieving a balanced development of winter sports in Beijing, Zhangjiakou and their surrounding areas, further promoting sport-for-all activities to raise the percentages of sports populations of the two cities to 55 percent and 45 percent respectively, as well as popularising healthy lifestyle among their residents, for the ultimate goal of enhancing the overall fitness and health levels of the whole nation.
To achieve the above objectives, Beijing and Zhangjiakou will organise on a regular basis sports meets for students, employees, professionals, all members of social strata, ethnic groups and people with disabilities, and promote with great efforts such winter sports as skiing, ice skating, ice hockey and curling.