- Study Abroad with Rudraksh Group to Gain Global Work Opportunities
- When the Missile Man Launched Love in the Akshaya Patra family.
- Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announces 11Akshaya Patra Mid-Day Meal Kitchens in Uttar Pradesh.
- Infosys Offered Rs 18 Crore To Akshaya Patra For Midday Meal.
- Guide To Floss Your Teeth!
- Toothbrush Tips For Healthy Teeth!
- The growing trend of Banking & Finance Mobile App Development.
- Why Smoking is Bad For Your Teeth.
- Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Antidepressants are not habit-forming. Public perceptions need to change!
Canberra, Jan 11 (IANS) The United Arab Emirates (UAE) defeated Qatar 4-1 in the Group C opener of the Asian Cup football tournament here Sunday.
Although the UAE made a better start, it were Qatar who opened the scoring in the 22nd minute, reports Xinhua.
Mohammed Muntari received a pass from Haydos and tried to flick over the goalkeeper, which was palmed away. Khalfan Ibarahim got the rebound and volleyed home.
Just 15 minutes later, the UAE seized the equaliser. Omar Abdulrahman, known as the Gulf Messi, wreaked chaos in Qatar’s box and Ahmed Khalil’s strong header was blocked by the goalkeeper. But Khalil managed to chest the rebound into the net to make it 1-1.
Khalil scored a goal in the 51st minute to put the UAE ahead 2-1 ahead. Just four minutes later, the UAE enlarged their advantage through Khamis Esmaeel as his free-kick was blocked by the goalkeeper Qasem Burhan and Ali Ahmed Mabkhout slotted it into the net.
Before the final whistle, Mabkhout made the score 4-1.