- Study Abroad with Rudraksh Group to Gain Global Work Opportunities
- When the Missile Man Launched Love in the Akshaya Patra family.
- Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announces 11Akshaya Patra Mid-Day Meal Kitchens in Uttar Pradesh.
- Infosys Offered Rs 18 Crore To Akshaya Patra For Midday Meal.
- Guide To Floss Your Teeth!
- Toothbrush Tips For Healthy Teeth!
- The growing trend of Banking & Finance Mobile App Development.
- Why Smoking is Bad For Your Teeth.
- Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Antidepressants are not habit-forming. Public perceptions need to change!
Mumbai, Jan 13 (IANS) Award-winning Michelin-starred Indian chef Vikas Khanna has been approached by a Hollywood studio to make a biopic on his inspiring journey from Amritsar to the US.
Officials of the studio are said to have already paid a visit to Amritsar to do a recce of where Khanna grew up.
“Yes, it’s true. A Hollywood studio has approached me for this project. The plan is that I will first release a book, like a biography, and then follow it up with a movie,” Khanna said in a statement.
“In fact, the preparations have already started. I recently took them to Amritsar to show them that side of my life,” he added.
Khanna, who will soon be seen as the host of the fourth season of Star Plus’s cooking based reality show “MasterChef India”, has asked the studio to cast a Bollywood actor for portraying his life. His favourites are Aamir Khan, Farhan Akhtar or Nawazuddin Siddiqui.
“My only condition for this was that they cast an Indian actor. I want someone who’s art I believe in to portray me. I want either Aamir Khan or Farhan Akhtar to play me. In fact, even Nawazuddin Siddique would be good.
“The story will be my life, how I made it work in the west and then came to home ground to promote the MasterChef franchise,” he added.
The film is said to have been put on hold for some time as Khanna currently wants to focus on “MasterChef India 4″.
Khanna’s life makes for an interesting story. Born with misaligned legs and feet, his tryst with cooking began with his mother’s kitty parties. Today, he owns a New York restaurant Junoon, which is widely popular.
In fact, he has also earned titles like “New York’s Hottest Chef” and “Sexiest Man Alive”, as well as hosted a dinner at the White House.