- Study Abroad with Rudraksh Group to Gain Global Work Opportunities
- When the Missile Man Launched Love in the Akshaya Patra family.
- Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announces 11Akshaya Patra Mid-Day Meal Kitchens in Uttar Pradesh.
- Infosys Offered Rs 18 Crore To Akshaya Patra For Midday Meal.
- Guide To Floss Your Teeth!
- Toothbrush Tips For Healthy Teeth!
- The growing trend of Banking & Finance Mobile App Development.
- Why Smoking is Bad For Your Teeth.
- Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Antidepressants are not habit-forming. Public perceptions need to change!
Suva, Oct 8 (IANS) A college teacher in Fiji has been fired for spitting on a student, the government announced Wednesday.
The incident happened at the Ratu Latianara College in Serua province, the Department of Information said in a statement.
Details about the sacked teacher have not been disclosed.
Education Minister Mahendra Reddy described the incident as unacceptable and a violation of the right of all students to be treated with respect, Xinhua reported.
“We look to our teachers to be role models for good behaviour and in this instance, the teacher failed to meet the required standard. Following consultations with the minister for the public service, I have terminated the teacher,” said Reddy.
Reddy stressed that he wants to make it clear to all teachers in Fiji that they need to uphold the highest standards of personal behaviour.
“However challenging a classroom environment may be at times, there is no excuse for teachers to breach the values of civil service and normal standards of behaviour,” he added.
Reddy is a member of the FijiFirst party, which won a landslide victory in the Sep 17 general election.