- Study Abroad with Rudraksh Group to Gain Global Work Opportunities
- When the Missile Man Launched Love in the Akshaya Patra family.
- Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announces 11Akshaya Patra Mid-Day Meal Kitchens in Uttar Pradesh.
- Infosys Offered Rs 18 Crore To Akshaya Patra For Midday Meal.
- Guide To Floss Your Teeth!
- Toothbrush Tips For Healthy Teeth!
- The growing trend of Banking & Finance Mobile App Development.
- Why Smoking is Bad For Your Teeth.
- Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Antidepressants are not habit-forming. Public perceptions need to change!
Los Angeles, Oct 1 (IANS) California Governor Jerry Brown has signed a legislation banning grocery stores from using plastic bags.
This legislation has made California the first US state to prohibit the distribution of plastic bags in stores, Xinhua reported.
The ban will be effective from July 1, 2015.
“This bill is a step in the right direction – it reduces the torrent of plastic polluting our beaches, parks and even the vast ocean itself,” Brown said.
The law has also extended the ban to pharmacies as well as convenience and liquor stores.
It will also provide $2 million to plastic bag producers to help them in the manufacture of re-usable bags.