- Study Abroad with Rudraksh Group to Gain Global Work Opportunities
- When the Missile Man Launched Love in the Akshaya Patra family.
- Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announces 11Akshaya Patra Mid-Day Meal Kitchens in Uttar Pradesh.
- Infosys Offered Rs 18 Crore To Akshaya Patra For Midday Meal.
- Guide To Floss Your Teeth!
- Toothbrush Tips For Healthy Teeth!
- The growing trend of Banking & Finance Mobile App Development.
- Why Smoking is Bad For Your Teeth.
- Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Antidepressants are not habit-forming. Public perceptions need to change!
Mumbai, Sep 2 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets hit a record high of 26,999.97 points Tuesday, surpassing its previous peak of 26,900.30 points that was scaled Sep 1.
The 30-scrip Sensitive Index (Sensex) of the S&P Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 26,888.21 points (12.30 p.m.), was trading at 26,987.57 points, up 120.02 points or 0.45 percent from the previous day’s close at 26,867.55 points.
The Sensex touched a high of 26,999.97 points and a low of 26,886.22 points in the early morning trade.
The wider 50-scrip Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) which crossed the 8,000-mark for the first time Monday hit a record high of 8,072.45 points.
The Nifty was trading at 8,069.60 points — 51.50 points or 0.52 percent up from its previous close.
On Monday, the Sensex had hit a record high of 26,900.30 points, surpassing its previous peak of 26,674.38 points scaled Aug 28.
Healthy buying was observed in healthcare, bank, consumer durables, automobile and oil and gas index, while heavy selling was seen in metal index.
The S&P BSE Healthcare index was up 254.23 points, bankex was higher by 106.53 points consumer durables index rose 94.55 points, automobile index augmented by 58.93 points and oil and gas index gained by 51.74 points.
Metal index was down 80.43 points.