- Study Abroad with Rudraksh Group to Gain Global Work Opportunities
- When the Missile Man Launched Love in the Akshaya Patra family.
- Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announces 11Akshaya Patra Mid-Day Meal Kitchens in Uttar Pradesh.
- Infosys Offered Rs 18 Crore To Akshaya Patra For Midday Meal.
- Guide To Floss Your Teeth!
- Toothbrush Tips For Healthy Teeth!
- The growing trend of Banking & Finance Mobile App Development.
- Why Smoking is Bad For Your Teeth.
- Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Antidepressants are not habit-forming. Public perceptions need to change!
Bhubaneswar, Jan 11 (IANS) The Odisha government has asked all the medical institutions in the state to be vigilant against swine flu, H1N1 virus, after a middle-aged man tested positive.
“We have asked all the district medical officers and medical colleges to take precautionary measures to counter the seasonal disease. Even though it would not be an outbreak-like situation, we have directed them to be alert,” said Public Health director Kailash Das Sunday.
He, however, urged people not to panic as it would not be an epidemic like previous years.
A middle-aged man was tested positive Saturday and was undergoing treatment at a private hospital here. This is the first swine flu case of the year.
His blood samples, which were sent to the Regional Medical Research Centre (RMRC) here, confirmed the presence of virus, said Das.
The man had gone to Uttar Pradesh and then to Delhi before returning to Odisha Jan 6. Since Delhi and Gurgaon are affected by the H1N1 outbreak, the man is believed to have contracted the virus from a carrier.
The 2010 outbreak in Odisha had claimed 24 lives and infected over 90 persons across various districts.
Referring to cases of jaundice reported in Jajpur district, where several troopers were affected in a police training camp, Das said the department official had visited the area and were taking all precautionary measures to tackle the situation.
He said it is believed that the spread of jaundice was due to contaminated water from a bore-well which is near a latrine. He said the water sample has been sent for testing.