- Study Abroad with Rudraksh Group to Gain Global Work Opportunities
- When the Missile Man Launched Love in the Akshaya Patra family.
- Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announces 11Akshaya Patra Mid-Day Meal Kitchens in Uttar Pradesh.
- Infosys Offered Rs 18 Crore To Akshaya Patra For Midday Meal.
- Guide To Floss Your Teeth!
- Toothbrush Tips For Healthy Teeth!
- The growing trend of Banking & Finance Mobile App Development.
- Why Smoking is Bad For Your Teeth.
- Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Antidepressants are not habit-forming. Public perceptions need to change!
New Delhi, Jan 8 (IANS) In a bid to support Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of a healthy India, a NRI doctors association Thursday launched an initiative to improve the health infrastructure in India.
The association named American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (AAPI) will collaborate with the Indian healthcare agencies also to raise awareness on head injury, trauma and hepatitis.
The announcement came after the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas, the annual conference of NRIs organized by the Indian government, kicked off at Gandhinagar.
“Our contribution is also in response to the call of Prime Minister Modi for the Indian Diasporas to participate in the development of India,” said Seema Jain, president-elect of AAPI.
According to survey data, India has the highest death rate in the world due to auto accidents, estimated at around 350,000 deaths per year, including due to lack of emergency medical service (EMS) around the country.
AAPI also announced that its next Global Health Summit (GHS), to be held next year in January 2016 at Delhi, will focus on two key themes – brain injury and women-related issues.