- Study Abroad with Rudraksh Group to Gain Global Work Opportunities
- When the Missile Man Launched Love in the Akshaya Patra family.
- Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announces 11Akshaya Patra Mid-Day Meal Kitchens in Uttar Pradesh.
- Infosys Offered Rs 18 Crore To Akshaya Patra For Midday Meal.
- Guide To Floss Your Teeth!
- Toothbrush Tips For Healthy Teeth!
- The growing trend of Banking & Finance Mobile App Development.
- Why Smoking is Bad For Your Teeth.
- Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Antidepressants are not habit-forming. Public perceptions need to change!
Ranchi, Aug 28 (IANS) A Jharkhand court here Thursday remanded a Muslim man, who married national-level shooter Tara Shadeo after posing as a Hindu, to 14 days’ judicial custody along with his mother.
The court of Chief Judicial Magistrate, Ranchi, sent Ranjit Kohli alias Rakibul Hassan to judicial custody.
In her complaint to police, Sahdeo, a national-level gold-medallist rifle shooting champion, said she got married in July this year to a person named Ranjit Kohli. She said the marriage was solemnised in accordance with Hindu rituals.
However, during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, when people invited her husband for Iftar, she came to know from invitation cards that her husband’s name was Rakibul Hassan.
She also alleged that Hassan and 20 other people forced her to change her religion. When she refused, she was allegedly beaten up and a dog was made to bite her.
Sahdeo alleged that she was threatened with dire consequences if she told anyone about the conversion.
She was kept under close vigil but when Hassan went to New Delhi Aug 19, she sent a message to her family members and was rescued.
Police, meanwhile, said Hassan has connection with some high profile people.
“Ranjit alias Hassan got Nikah done a day after marriage. Hassan has said that it was agreed by both families that marriage will be solemnised as per both Hindu and Muslim religions,” said Prabhat Kumar, Ranchi senior superintendent of police.