- Study Abroad with Rudraksh Group to Gain Global Work Opportunities
- When the Missile Man Launched Love in the Akshaya Patra family.
- Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announces 11Akshaya Patra Mid-Day Meal Kitchens in Uttar Pradesh.
- Infosys Offered Rs 18 Crore To Akshaya Patra For Midday Meal.
- Guide To Floss Your Teeth!
- Toothbrush Tips For Healthy Teeth!
- The growing trend of Banking & Finance Mobile App Development.
- Why Smoking is Bad For Your Teeth.
- Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Antidepressants are not habit-forming. Public perceptions need to change!
Amritsar, Oct 1 (IANS) A blast in a tanker from Pakistan carrying chemicals led to panic Wednesday at the integrated check post (ICP) at Attari, 30 km from here.
Police sources said that the chemicals-laden truck had arrived Wednesday morning from Pakistan and was near the ICP on the Indian side of the border, when a sudden blast took place. The truck was completely burnt in the fire that engulfed the vehicle.
Though no casualties were reported, a wall of the ICP was damaged after the blast.
Senior officers of the Border Security Force (BSF), Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and the Amritsar district administration rushed to the spot after the blast.
The movement of trucks from Pakistan side was stopped immediately after the incident. Police officials said the whole area was being sanitized.
Forensic experts rushed to the spot to carry out a detailed inspection of the blast site.
The ICP is a major centre of trade between India and Pakistan along the Attari-Wagah border between both countries.
Scores of trucks from both countries cross the international border everyday to unload products at the ICP on either side of the border.