- Study Abroad with Rudraksh Group to Gain Global Work Opportunities
- When the Missile Man Launched Love in the Akshaya Patra family.
- Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announces 11Akshaya Patra Mid-Day Meal Kitchens in Uttar Pradesh.
- Infosys Offered Rs 18 Crore To Akshaya Patra For Midday Meal.
- Guide To Floss Your Teeth!
- Toothbrush Tips For Healthy Teeth!
- The growing trend of Banking & Finance Mobile App Development.
- Why Smoking is Bad For Your Teeth.
- Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Antidepressants are not habit-forming. Public perceptions need to change!
Thiruvananthapuram, Oct 1 (IANS) Kerala will soon enact a new law to ban the use of flex and plastics for making publicity material, said Chief Minister Oommen Chandy here Wednesday.
“As the first step, we have decided to ask the authorities to remove all publicity materials which depict me or my colleagues, made in flex or plastic material. They have been asked to then remove all publicity materials for which permission has not been obtained,” Chandy told reporters after the weekly cabinet meeting.
“The publicity materials put up with government permission will be removed only after the sanctioned period expires. No more permission shall will be given for such material,” said Chandy.
Flex and plastic are widely used across the state in publicity hoardings which are erected mostly on the public roads.
At many places such hoardings are put up by the political parties for giving publicity for their leaders.
Business houses also install hoardings of such material to promote their business.
Green activists have been up in arms against these materials which are not environment friendly taking very long to decay.
” We are bringing out a law against the use of such materials and it would cover every aspect,” added Chandy.