- Study Abroad with Rudraksh Group to Gain Global Work Opportunities
- When the Missile Man Launched Love in the Akshaya Patra family.
- Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announces 11Akshaya Patra Mid-Day Meal Kitchens in Uttar Pradesh.
- Infosys Offered Rs 18 Crore To Akshaya Patra For Midday Meal.
- Guide To Floss Your Teeth!
- Toothbrush Tips For Healthy Teeth!
- The growing trend of Banking & Finance Mobile App Development.
- Why Smoking is Bad For Your Teeth.
- Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Antidepressants are not habit-forming. Public perceptions need to change!
Thiruvananthapuram, Oct 2 (IANS) A policy to achieve total prohibition and several environment friendly programmes were launched in Kerala Thursday to mark the 146th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
“Today, world over Gandhiji is being remembered and in Kerala, we begin the first step to achieve the goal of achieving complete prohibition,” said Chief Minister Oommen Chandy while inaugurating a “Gandhi Smrithi Yathra” in the state capital.
As the first step of the new liquor policy, 39 of the 383 state-owned liquor retail outlets would be closed from Thursday.
Another 10 per cent of the retail outlets would be closed on this day next year.
Chandy has set Oct 2, 2023 for enforcing complete prohibition in the state.
Earlier in the day, Chandy inaugurated a state-wide programme of collecting plastic bags and other plastic waste.
The state government had Wednesday decided to ban the use of flex and plastics for making publicity material and those which used the material to depict Chandy and his cabinet colleagues were removed from the roads.
At the Congress headquarters, Chandy and party president V.M. Sudheeran planted 146 vegetable plants as part of inaugurating a programme to produce pesticide-free vegetables.
This programme would be extended to all schools and households.
Chandy then visited a slum in the heart of the city and assured the residents that necessary actions would be taken to keep their colony clean.